What To Bring To The Test Session
- A photo ID such as a driver’s license or school ID. If you don’t have a photo ID, bring two other forms of ID. Young people without a picture ID are welcome to test with us. We ask that at least one parent or guardian accompany the child to vouch for his or her identity.
- Form 605 requires a FCC Registration Number (FRN). If you are licensed and have an FRN, please bring that. Look on your license, as it may be listed there. (Do not confuse your FRN with the license file number.) Your FRN is also listed on the FCC’s system. To review your file, click here. Provide either your name or call sign where indicated, and click “Search.” If you don't have a FRN number you must register for an FRN number before attending the exam session (see below)
- Some license holders do not have a FRN number yet. If you do not already have a FRN number you must register with the FCC, and bring your FRN number with you. Click on the words “register with the FCC” in the previous sentence and follow the instructions.
- For Technician Class exam: A picture ID and testing fee.
For upgrade exam: Photocopy of your original license or FCC Reference Copy or FCC Official Copy of your current license. The copy of your license will be retained along with the rest of the paperwork from your exam session for our records.
- Original and photocopy of a Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE), if you’re using that instead if a copy of your license.
- It costs $5.00 to take any exam or re-take any failed exam again. Cash only, please. ($1 and $5 bills are greatly appreciated!) No checks.
- We provide all the necessary paperwork; however due to the pandemic we require candidates attending exam sessions bring their own pen, pencil and calculator (optional). We suggest bringing 2 pens and 2 pencils so you have an extra of each.
If you have any questions about the exam session beforehand, you send us your question(s) here.
We offer all three classes of exams (Technician, General and Extra) at every exam session. Please leave any instruction materials in your vehicle and turn off your cell phone, pager, and any other noise-making devices before entering the exam session. Good luck!